Tuesday, May 14, 2013
There are so many things in your kitchen you can use to deep condition with, i'm going to give you two awesome mask for dry hair that will do wonders if done once a week or every two weeks. Remember to Shampoo after this mask and do your normal conditioning and combing routine. Also remember that the amount is up to you and your hair length and thickness. Last but not least this mask can stay on you hair from 30 minutes to 2 hours , your choice depending on how damage your hair is! Enjoy !
1. two eggs, mayo, and olive, coconut or any type of natural oil that you like- Mix this three together and... Voula!! the perfect hydrating mask for you hair. Eggs are a source of protein and your hair is made out of protein so it will help strengthen and repair damage hair. Mayo is very good for your hair because it contains eggs as well and it helps prevent split ends. Natural oils like olive and coconut oil are great to hydrate the hair. My favorite is coconut oil But remember ladies , it has to be all natural ! oh and before i forget, please don't rinse this out with super hot water because the egg will cook in your hair. warm water will do the trick
2. Avocado, and olive oil- Mash up your ripe avocado and add a bit of alive oil for extra moisture. This is a very simple mask but very effective. Perfect for restoring shine and softness back into the hair. Avocado contains vitamins, minerals and fats that will help your hair return back to its beautiful state.
Btw: i tried the first mask today and it was great, it really moisturized my hair! :]:]
xoxo - Laura M
Posted by Laura Maribel at 7:38 PM
Friday, May 10, 2013
For many years i have struggled with dry hair. Growing up my mother though the solution for my uncontrollable frizz ball was a relaxer and a whole bunch of heat. After I fried my hair twice with a blonde hair dye and bleach I decided to do my research on curly hair. Reality is that curly hair is naturally dry and we need to baby our hair in order for it to cooperate with us. And the less heat the better. Here are some tips on how i Keep my hair in good conditions:
1. Like i mentioned before THE LESS HEAT THE BETTER- For a curly head it is highly important for you avoid heat damage, if not your curls will becomes straight pieces of hair and it wont grow due to split ends.
2. Do not shampoo daily. There is an ingredient in shampoo's called sulfate. This ingredient is so harsh that it strips your hair every time you wash it and it makes it become even dryer. Why not try an all natural shampoo like the Shea moisture shampoo or a sulfate and paraben free shampoo. The health of your hair will improve. But remember that constantly washing our hair is not good so why not once a week instead?
3. CURLY GIRLS NEED TO DEEP CONDITION at least once every week. you need to add moisture in your hair constantly if you want to have a beautiful head of curls. And its even more important if you are healing your hair from heat damage.
This are only a few tips on how to keep a healthy head of hair, on my next post I will write about some natural deep conditioners that you can make at home to leave your hair silky soft and moisturized, see ya ;]
Posted by Laura Maribel at 8:43 PM
There are many reasons for this blog and so many plans i have yet to fulfilled but the main one is being shameless about who i am and what i do. Jesus was shameless He did not care about what people taught about him and knew that He was here for one purpose only which was to save souls. Whether people liked him or not He brushed it off and kept going. I know for a fact that I have a purpose and a duty which is to glorify Him. So why not just expose myself make a blog and a whole bunch of videos about the talents He has given me. I mean come on, people do it everyday for negativity than why not for Him. If there are people all around the world busting their butt to make themselves famous just to get payed and gain a whole bunch of followers why not do it for a greater purpose. So in this blog i will be writing about my personal experiences, make-up, hair, health,and much more. Plus is also a great way to evangelize too.. ;] until next time.
Posted by Laura Maribel at 5:20 AM